Mr. Edwards has substantial experience representing parties in patent litigation spanning a variety of fields, from biotechnology to optics.
In particular, Mr. Edwards has extensive experience representing clients in pharmaceutical patent litigation brought under the Hatch Waxman Act.
Mr. Edwards has been named to Super Lawyers’ Washington, DC Rising Stars in Intellectual Property Litigation from 2014 through 2018.
- J.D., University of Maryland School of Law (With Honors) (Moot Court), 2005
- B.S., University of Maryland, Biology, (University and Departmental Honors) (Phi Beta Kappa), 2000
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court for the District of Maryland
Seminars and Presentations
- Co-presenter, “Patent Litigation and the Power of Correlative Microscopy,” Microscopy Society of America’s Microscopy & Microanalysis 2014 Meeting, Hartford, CT, August 2014
- Panelist, “Developments in Obviousness,” ACI Paragraph IV Disputes Conference, New York, NY, April 2014
- Author, Patent Litigation and the Power of Correlative Microscopy, Microscopy and Microanalysis, Volume 20, Supplement 3, 2014
- Co-author, Trial in ANDA Litigation: Strategies and Tactics for Pharmaceutical Patent Litigators, American Bar Association (Section of Intellectual Property Law), 2020